A Short Course for Safety Representatives
This course is designed for new and existing safety representatives. It is also suitable for employers, employees, safety committee members and health and safety practitioners. The aim of the course is to raise awareness of the role of a safety representative, and to provide health and safety information relevant to this role.
This course does not replace training but provides information that may be useful as part of the training process.
Course duration: 30 minutes.
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
• Identify key sections of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
• Describe the role (functions) of a safety representative
• Identify the rights of a safety representative
• Understand the basis of risk assessment
• Source information and resources available to safety representatives