Get Safe - Work Safe: Workplace Safety and Health for Senior Cycle Students
This course will introduce Transition Year (TY) and Senior Cycle (SC) students to the principles of workplace safety, health and welfare. It aims to prepare young people for the world of work. This course forms part of the HSA, National Council for Curriculum Assessment (NCCA) approved, Transition Unit programme.
Course Duration: 90 minutes.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
• have a better understanding of your responsibility in the workplace
• recognise different types of hazards and effective ways to prevent accidents from occurring in the workplace
• identify how risks can be controlled, how to plan safety statements, and how to report accidents and incidents.
Slips, Trips and Falls
This short course presents learners with an overview of slips, trips and falls hazards in the workplace. It introduces the process of risk assessment and prevention through examples of workplace scenarios. The content is suitable across all work sectors.
Course duration: 30 minutes
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• understand slips, trips and falls accidents and how and where they can occur
• identify a variety of slips and trips hazards in the workplace, and assess their risks
• recognise suitable controls for eliminating or significantly reducing slips, trips and falls in the workplace