Primary Schools (management)
Managing Safety, Health and Welfare in Schools
This course is suitable for Boards of Management, ETBs, Principals, Vice-Principals and other specific role holders. The course contains lots of useful information for those managing safety, health and welfare in a school, and for staff who may wish to improve their knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
Course duration: 30 minutes
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
• outline some of the key requirements of the safety, health and welfare at work act 2005
• apply the Guidelines on Managing, Safety, Health and Welfare in Schools
• understand risk assessment and the purpose of a safety statement, including emergency procedures
• demonstrate best practice when managing safety, health and welfare in schools
• utilise the many resources available from the Health and Safety Authority
This course is currently unavailable. Please see the Guidelines on Managing Safety, Health and Welfare in Primary Schools and further resources at hsa.ie/education.