Managing Bullying Complaints
Managing Bullying Complaints at Work – for Managers
This course has been developed for managers dealing with bullying complaints in the workplace. It covers key areas such as what is specific to a bullying complaint, examples of bullying-type complaints and non-bullying complaints, and guidance on the appropriate and inappropriate reaction of managers. It concludes with the anti-bullying policy and the type of information that should be contained in this workplace document.
Course duration: 30 minutes
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
• Identify a bullying-type complaint, whether verbal or written
• Understand the need to take care in how you react to such complaints
• Recognise the dangers associated with reacting in a casual, off-hand or insensitive way to such complaints
• Implement the appropriate policy documents to prevent bullying issues and to properly manage these issues
• Source workplace bullying information
CPD points: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points are available from Construction Industry Registry Ireland (CIRI) for this course. One hour of learning will contribute to one CIRI CPD point. Any construction company wishing to avail of the CIRI CPD points must record them as learning outcomes on their own training matrix which then needs to be presented annually to CIRI at the point of renewal.