Farm Safely with Slurry
This short course will help farmers to plan and prepare for slurry spreading. It provides an opportunity for farmers to increase their awareness of the dangers associated with slurry and how to prevent accidents occurring to themselves and to others.
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
• identify the best times and conditions for spreading slurry
• recognise the need to plan ahead and make appropriate preparations to work safely
• recognise the dangers associated with slurry
• implement the appropriate control measures to prevent accidents when working with slurry
• source important farm safety information from the Health and Safety Authority