Physical Hazards (Module 5)
This course presents learners with two of the principle causes of accident and injury in healthcare - slips, trip and falls and manual handling (incorporating patient handling). The content highlights how to assess the risk of injury and how to put in place measures to eliminate or reduce the chance of an injury occurring.
Course Duration: 40-60 minutes.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
• List two of the main physical hazards found in healthcare settings.
• Recognise how slips, trips and falls can occur.
• Describe control measures relevant to slips, trips and falls.
• Explain how to conduct a manual handling risk assessment, and
• Describe control measures relevant to manual handling.