Biological Agent Hazards (Module 3)
This course presents learners with an overview of the types and classes of biological agents that they may encounter in healthcare and introduces the concept of biological agents risk assessment. The content is suitable across all healthcare settings and provides concise practical strategies for everyday use.
Course Duration: 40-60 minutes.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
• Outline the four biological agent risk groups.
• Identify ways in which healthcare employees are exposed to biological agents in the workplace.
• Recognise the types of health effects associated with hazardous biological agents.
• Describe how to carry out a biological agents risk assessment in the workplace, and
• Describe the measures used to safeguard healthcare employees from harmful effects of hazardous biological agents.