Safety Management (Module 2)
This course presents learners with an outline of how to successfully manage occupational health and safety in the workplace. The content highlights the importance of safe systems of work, safety consultation and employee instruction, information and training in maintaining a safe workplace. Learners are also introduced to the principles of accident investigation.
Course Duration: 40-60 minutes.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
• Explain how to manage occupational health and safety in a healthcare environment.
• Identify the components and describe the function of a safety statement.
• Recognise the importance of safety consultation in the workplace.
• Recognise the value of information, instruction, training and workplace supervision, and
• Outline the steps in an accident investigation.